Time to sell ... at least one. Nu maar kijken wat de gek er voor geeft.
*** UPDATE *** Got stood up this morning. Hope it's not a trend setter ... just FYI mr Nathaniel Rose is an a$5.
*** ANOTHER UPDATE *** A week later; I didn't manage to sell the bike. Wow, there are a lot of weird people out there! "Tell me everything about this bike so I can wire you the money" (Uhm, how do you spell S K E T C H Y?), "Does it include a helmet?" (No! Did I say it includes a helmet? Why would it? And just so you know, it also doesn't include a motorcycle jacket, pant or shoes you cheapskate!), "Miles? Year?" (Can you read? Because that info is on the page already. And could you please write a proper e-mail? Those two words were the entire e-mail. #RUDE
I'm gonna take the bike for a little spin tomorrow and take some other photos. Nieuwe ronde, nieuwe kansen.
*** FINAL UPDATE *** I waited a few months before I put the ad back up on Craigslist. Immediately I got a normal e-mail, one with an salutation, a text body and a proper end. It turned out to be a somewhat older lady who had just gotten her endorsement and was looking for a dinged ride. Well, what can I say? Et voilà!?! She looked at it briefly with her husband. Decided to buy it on the spot and asked my if I could ride it across the Bay Bridge. We had discussed this earlier and I agreed. All I asked for was a little money upfront so that if I would be stood up the next day, I at least would have $20 or so in my pocket ... she gave me $40. The next day I rode it over to San Francisco and she paid me the full asking price because she didn't want to haggle. Fine with me, though - because I was anticipating at least a little bit of negotiating - I set the price a bit higher than I was expecting/hoping to get for it. So in stead of the expected.hoped $1300 I got $1640. Nice! That money comes in handy to cover the maintenance costs of the Beemer, because that piece of German engineering keeps failing and failing...
I'm gonna take the bike for a little spin tomorrow and take some other photos. Nieuwe ronde, nieuwe kansen.
*** FINAL UPDATE *** I waited a few months before I put the ad back up on Craigslist. Immediately I got a normal e-mail, one with an salutation, a text body and a proper end. It turned out to be a somewhat older lady who had just gotten her endorsement and was looking for a dinged ride. Well, what can I say? Et voilà!?! She looked at it briefly with her husband. Decided to buy it on the spot and asked my if I could ride it across the Bay Bridge. We had discussed this earlier and I agreed. All I asked for was a little money upfront so that if I would be stood up the next day, I at least would have $20 or so in my pocket ... she gave me $40. The next day I rode it over to San Francisco and she paid me the full asking price because she didn't want to haggle. Fine with me, though - because I was anticipating at least a little bit of negotiating - I set the price a bit higher than I was expecting/hoping to get for it. So in stead of the expected.hoped $1300 I got $1640. Nice! That money comes in handy to cover the maintenance costs of the Beemer, because that piece of German engineering keeps failing and failing...
1 comment:
ha, ok, nu snap ik hem. Moet toch meer (nog meer) tijd op internet doorbrengen zie ik om bij te blijven!
En mijn TradeMe favoriet: can you mail this and how much is postage?
Post a Comment