Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Save the best for last

Last Saturday I ran the last race of a three-acter; the Livermore Half Marathon. The Oakland Half and the San Francisco Half together with this one make up the Golden State Half Series. And as it turns out, they saved the best race for last. Oakland was fun, running through your hometown is cool and logistics are easy. Then SF, running across the Golden Gate never gets old. But Livermore surprised me, in a good way. 

When I think about Livermore, I generally think about asphalt melting temperatures, brown rolling hills and republicans. So I don't know about the republican bit, but this weekend the temperatures were perfectly tolerable. Most of the course was on bike paths that snaked along the (currently) green and lush hills. Not having run for 5 weeks prior to this race, made a bit more difficult and certainly not fast, but .... you know ... I had a good time :-)

No comments: